Monday, March 26, 2012

Tools of Information Design



      When it comes to Information Design there are many tools available that help the designers get there ideas into a final product. These tools can be anything from a crayon and poster board to some sophisticated computer software programs. It seems that with the digital information age upon us we are seeing more and more information design tools available for posting information on the internet via webpages. Some of these tools include social media websites like Facebook, MySpace, and twitter. Other examples are blogging tools like Blogger, WordPress, and Blogsome amongst others. For this posting I will go into some detail about the information design tool Blogger.com.

      To start out we need to understand what a Blog is. According to Blogger.com a blog can be anything form a personal diary to news to whatever you what it to be. It is a website that you can post stuff or information that you want to relay to the viewers. Blog can also be used as a free outlet for businesses or artists trying to market their products. Some good examples of blogs with good designs are:




With the Blogger.com Template Designer you can design your blog to make it personal yet effective. You can also choose from many predesigned templates and/or customize them.

Designer Layout:





Design Templates:





I have incorporated the Blogger design tool into my own blogs. I first created the blog and then selected a template that I felt would display my information in a way that would be easy to understand. From time to time I will take another look at my design and tweak it if I feel it needs to change. I have used this approach on this blog and another blog I created for a Digital Art class located here: http://pawsblogplace.blogspot.com/




References:

Blogger. Google.com, 2012. Web. 26 Mar. 2012.




1 comment:

  1. I find that these tools can be invaluable for a blogger that just wants to write something and doesn't have either the time or the expertise to make their site presentable. And as we all know having your information presented in a professional and cogent manner is half the battle in getting your message across and understood.

    ReplyDelete